Terms & Conditions
CCT Lighting (UK) Ltd
The site is provided to you for your personal use. When ordering through the site, you may be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions may be amended from time to time and such amendments will come into force on the first day of the month following the month of amendment.
Please read and make sure you understand the Terms and Conditions.
1. You should read our Private Policy in conjunction with these Terms and Conditions. We may at any time make changes to the site and the details (including prices) displayed on it.
3. Working days means Monday to Friday each week but excluding statutory holidays. The instruction manuals and safety notices that accompany the products ordered should always be read and understood before fitting or connection is attempted.
4. To order goods through the site you must be at least 18 years of age.
5. Each order by you represents an offer to purchase goods subject to these Terms and Conditions.
6. All prices are shown in £ sterling and include VAT, delivery charges to England, Wales and Scotland (see section '6' for exclusions). We will endeavour to take all possible care to keep all details of your order and payment secure. However, in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorized access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering.
We reserve the right to change any advertised prices at any time. The price you pay is the price displayed on this web site at the time we receive your order, except in the instance where an error has occurred with the data making up the information, which is projected through the web site. In the event that an error is discovered with the price of any goods you may have ordered we will inform you as soon as we can possibly contact you, whereupon we will give you the option of amending and processing your order at the correct price or cancelling it.
In the possible event that we cannot contact you by phone, we will write to you and ask if you wish to continue or cancel your contract. If after 14 days from posting of the letter we have had no response we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, we will give you a full refund that will be processed immediately.
7. All product information shown on the web site is believed to be correct and accurate from the source material. Please inform us if you believe any information not to be correct, and if this affects your order we will endeavour to correct this until all parties involved are satisfied.
8. Payment can be made by most major Credit Cards or any Debit Card. Full payment for your goods is taken when a new order is created.
9. As soon as the goods are delivered to you, they become your responsibility. We will deliver only to the address on the order and goods will not be left without a signature.
10. Faulty goods must be reported to us within a reasonable period of time, as soon as possible after delivery so that arrangements can be made for the return of the goods and for the goods to be exchanged or to refund you in full within 30 days of notification.
Any goods which are not faulty and are being returned under the 7 working days cancellation period must be undamaged; in the same condition as supplied; with no parts missing and in full working order. If goods which are non-faulty are returned to us and they are found to have items missing; are damaged; or not in a saleable condition due to your failure to take reasonable care of them you will be liable for any costs or consequential costs incurred.
Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, you have the right to cancel your order within seven days of receipt of the goods, without giving a reason. The customer has the choice of returning the goods via his/her own means, or requesting a collection, in which case the cost of returning the goods to us will be deducted from the refund.
Items must be inspected after delivery as any reports of missing parts or unsuitability must be done so within seven working days from receipt of the item. A 25% fee will be charged to cover losses associated with handling and repacking if the item has been unpacked.
11. Damaged goods must be reported within 48 hours of delivery. In cases of goods received damaged please retain the product together with any packaging) and contact us within 48 hours of receipt with photographic evidence. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Do not install any damaged or unwanted items. This counts as acceptance of goods and the item is then non-returnable and non-refundable.
Where goods (whether faulty or no-faulty) are being returned, please contact us to let us know so that arrangements can be made for the return of the goods. Where it has been agreed that we will collect the non-faulty goods from you, the your credit or debit card will be charged with the actual cost of carriage incurred by us, including the collection of non-faulty goods. To avoid the goods being damaged during transit (especially when being returned by you) pack the items in the original packaging. Where faulty goods are to be returned, then we will either reimburse you the cost of the carriage (please retain you invoice as proof of payment) or we will collect the faulty goods free of charge. All goods in your possession must be treated with reasonable care.
12. It would be preferred if reports of damage or incorrect items sent were reported in either writing or by email to CCT Lighting(UK) Ltd.
13. Delivery will usually be within 3 - 4 working days depending on the product that has been ordered and stock availability. A signature will be required. Any delays in delivery dates the consumer will be notified, and if we were not able to deliver within either 30 days or other prior agreed time with the consumer the consumer would be given the option to continue with the contract or cancel it.
14. Delivery is door to door only. .
15. We strongly advise all consumers not to book installers until they have received the relevant goods, as no claims will be accepted.
16. You must notify us of non-delivery of expected orders as soon as possible.
17. All products are subject to availability and may be changed at any time. If your order cannot be fulfilled you will be offered an alternative or given a full refund. Payment can be made by most major credit cards (except American Express and Diners Club cards). We also accept any debit card. Full payment for your goods is taken when a new order is created.
18. If, in the unlikely event you wish to make a complaint, please contact us in writing to the address shown on our contact page. We will respond in writing to all complaints within 5 working days and will keep you fully informed throughout the process by your request.
19. All CCT products carry a minimum twelve months part and labour guarantee (based on a return to CCT Lighting(UK) Ltd at the customers cost) , which is subject to provisions of use that the product has:
a) Been used solely in accordance with the instruction book.
b) Not been subject to misuse, accident, modified or repaired by anyone other that the manufacturer's engineers.
None of the above affects your statutory rights as a consumer. We reserve the right to amend our terms and conditions clauses wherever consumer statutory rights are not affected.
Unit3 Ellesmere Business Park
VAT Reg. No. 847865568 Company No. 5251254
Last updated January 2011